Chunky crochet blankets to make for cold winter nights.
Being in the midst of the winter there’s only one thing on my mind right now. How to keep cozy and warm.
If you are one of those people that love to be curled up on their couch with something wooly around you, I get you.
Pin me for later…;-)
*** This post may contain affiliate links which means that I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase, at no extra cost to you. Your support means the world to me and my family. ***
Some of us tend to be covered in crochet blankets while crocheting something else or reading a good book.
Now, I hear my favorite books while crocheting! If this isn’t heaven I don’t know what is.
But, let me get back on track. I have compiled a list of the most beautiful and free chunky crochet blanket patterns out there.
Super bulky yarn crochet patterns have been my favorite since I started because they are so easy and quick to make. They can be great projects for beginners or people who love instant satisfaction.
Can you crochet a blanket with chunky yarn?
While, yes, of course! Super bulky yarn produces quick and easy chunky crochet blanket patterns in no time.
The thickness of the yarn makes the stitches taller and wider, thus reducing the time of a crochet project.
Crochet blanket patterns you may like:
What is a good size for a chunky blanket?
The next thing I would love to make is a crochet throw blanket for my couch, as we tend to use it a lot with my husband.
But be careful, larger sizes can become really heavy with chunky yarn, but they will definitely be very warm and cozy.
Also, some people really like heavy bed covers (I am one of those people). The weight of the blanket helps you relax your muscles. It’s like a big hug and helps your body release serotonin (the happy hormone).
I’ve gotten the best sleep ever when we were using a really heavy wool blanket my grandma gave us.
More super bulky yarn crochet patterns you may like:
Let me show the amazing chunky crochet blankets I found during my research. I really hope you’ll like them.
Free chunky crochet blanket patterns
1. Let’s start with the Cora blanket by I Can Crochet That, an easy chunky crochet blanket pattern that I could easily mistake for being knitted. Such a beautiful result! This pattern uses the Hue and Me yarn from Lionbrand.
2. This chunky crochet blanket from Easy Crochet is made with Wool Ease Thick and Quick in the color Hudson Bay. See how easy it is to create a colorful blanket with just a variegated yarn? The pattern comes in 5 sizes!
Are you enjoying the free content, so far?
Buy me a cup of virtual coffee. This helps me create more free patterns and tutorials for you while supporting my family…
5. The queen Tamara from Moogly has done it again! Another awesome-looking pattern that’s super easy to make. This one comes as a video tutorial.
6. The chunky Icelandic crochet blanket by Mama In A Stitch is the perfect excuse to learn a new stitch.
7. I think Jerica from Yarn, Hook, Needles used velvet yarn for her chunky crochet baby blanket pattern way before it became popular.
8. The Faith chunky crochet throw blanket by Lulo stitch co. is the epitome of a textured design with some super bulky yarn. Love it!
10. The Hello Harvest chunky crochet blanket by MJ’s off the hook designs is the perfect addition to your fall decor. Amazing color, amazing texture!
That was an amazing collection and I hope to add to it in the future if more awesome bulky yarn crochet patterns come to my attention. What’s your favorite?
11. And of course, I couldn’t have left out All About Ami’s braided blanket. Some of these chunky crochet blankets come with crochet braids, but fear not, because Stephanie has a very detailed photo tutorial to help you out.
Pin now, make later…;-)